Monday, May 4, 2009

You can take the girl out of the country, but...

You've got mail! :P

Dear friend,

I have traveled far away from the troubles of Esteldin and much else. I am in need of a holiday from my pursuits against the shadow, for I am quite worn what with all I have had to deal with lately. Oh, do not worry about me! I will be fine after spending some time in the Shire. The green rolling hills and pleasant company will do me much good, I think! Just thinking about lying out on a grassy hill in the sunshine with no greater responsibility than what I can scrounge up for supper is so soothing. I worry about becoming lost in that dream and falling off my horse as she brings me there!


I send this from the Hobbiton post. I hope it reaches you soon, so that you will not worry about me. If you worry so, why not come join me here? We can sit in the cool shade of a large tree and wile the day away catching up, or sit on the pier and try to fish up some lunch! Please, do try to come for a visit!

I understand if you are unable. All of us must bear burdens, and we have so many concerns that it is hard to find time to rest. A thought occurred to me as I made my ride here, though. Perhaps by taking the time to enjoy what it is that we endeavor to save, our efforts in that regard will be that much more inspired!

I do hope to see you soon. Know that my thoughts are with you.

With Light,
Kaleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment