Monday, May 11, 2009

Pests on the farm

The next day, I wandered about in town, just taking in the sights. Around nightfall, I ran into a kind farmer named Nibs Chubb. He was having problems with pests on his farm and asked me if I thought I could shoo them away. Dealing with pests and working on a farm are two things right up my alley, so I jumped at the chance!



There sure were a lot of locusts and wasps out there! I found the locust queen and swatted her to the ground. It was such fun to run about on a farm chasing after flies just like in the old days! Nibs thanked me for helping him and bought me supper at the tavern later that night. We had such a time talking about everything from the weather to which of his crops would be the most bountiful this year.

He suggested I look up a Hal Gamgee the next day, seeing as how I was from Bree-land and Hal liked to wander about from time to time. I said I would certainly do so and bid him good night. Sleep came quickly and easily, my troubles long forgotten.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment