Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I will never be alone again!

I arrived in Bree-town and made my way to the Prancing Pony for supper and some rest. Seeing the great sign above the door filled me with longing for a horse of my own. I took hold of my coinpurse and was surprised at its heft. I decided I would visit the Hengstacer farm the next day. They are well known for raising the finest horses, and I could only hope that I had enough coin to purchase one.


The next day, I ventured north from Bree-town and past the fairgrounds until I came to the Hengstacer farm. Eogar, the horse-master, took me around the stables, showing me all their lovely horses. They were all so beautiful. To be honest, I wished I could buy every single one! It was a hard decision, but I knew I made the right one when I came to the stall of a gorgeous bay filly who whinnied and pawed the ground as I came close.





It was love at first sight, to be sure! I asked if I could ride her around the farm a bit, and Eogar agreed. I took her outside the stables to have a little more room as she pranced about in the grasses nearby. Finally, I was about to guide her to the gate leading back to the stables, when she decided to bolt toward the fence and jumped it, clearing it by at least a foot!

We pulled up near Eogar, who sighed and said, "Yes, I'm afraid this one has a bit of a wild spirit." I slowly dismounted from the bay and stroked her neck a bit.

"I can show you some others," he called out over his shoulder as he started walking toward the stables. I looked at the bay, who had the most becoming mischievous glint in her eye. She nodded her head, whinnied, and pawed the ground, while staring at me with such deep brown eyes that I could not turn away.

"Oh, no sir! This one will do just fine!" I exclaimed. I gave him nearly all that was in my purse, but she is worth every penny and more! We were already fast friends, and I know that she will be there for me from now on.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment