Friday, May 8, 2009

Old activities, but a new village! :P

You've got mail! :)

Dear friend,

Wait! Before you crumple up this parchment and toss it over your shoulder, just wait one second! I have made progress, I have! You need not keep reading about yet another day swimming in the river, for I decided that I was far too lazy for that. I just stretched out upon a large rock, so that I could enjoy the same sounds and view without doing all the work of keeping myself afloat! :)

Later in the day, I climbed up the riverbank a bit so that I could enjoy sitting amongst the trees. The shade they offered was a welcome gift that cooled me down after baking on that sun-warmed rock for most of the day!

Afterward, I decided to head north to see what I could find. The sun began to set, causing the sky to burst into orange flame! It was a lovely vision, yet haunting at the same time. If I did not know better, I would have thought the entire forest had been set alight!

As I continued north, I came to a lovely corridor formed by the hills with strong and hardy trees growing between them. The trees created a natural awning that shielded travelers from the sun, as they walked the road heading toward the village of Oatbarton, on the northern border of the Shire.

I reached the village as night descended upon the land and decided to stay at the local inn for the night. It appears to be a lovely village, and I shall have to explore it more thoroughly tomorrow. For now, just finishing supper and writing this letter to you is enough to wear me out for the night! :)

With Light,
Kaleigh




No comments:

Post a Comment