Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bountiful Harvesting!

It turns out there were many bandits wanted in Ost Forod for their treacherous deeds and skulking. What better way to ingratiate myself to the people here than by rooting out those who had committed crimes against them?

I first set off after Bill Tripper who was rumored to be holed up with his bandit friends in an old ruin named Tham Varan. I skulked far inside the ruin and found him walking about near a pool of water. Justice was served!


Next, I went after crafty Andy Idden, said to be hiding out in the ruins of Tham Andalath. Upon scouting the ruin, I realized with dismay that with so many lookouts posted, I would never be able to skulk inside properly! Just to be thorough, I decided to circle the ruin one last time to be sure there was not a back way in that I might have overlooked.

As luck would have it, I found a breach in the wall that I could barely reach if I jumped as high as I possibly could! I grabbed onto the ledge and scrambled up as quietly as I was able. Peering inside to make sure no one heard me, I spotted the criminal skulking about with his pet nearby. I dropped to the ground inside the ruin and crept over to him. Another bounty would soon be claimed!
Finally, I went in search of Harry Hinchcliffe, whose last known whereabouts were far to the north, near Cirith Rihw. I found his camp of bandits and observed their comings and goings until I had learned all of their patrols and how often they passed by. Treading very carefully, I was able to skulk to a tree close by to where he kept watch, but there were too many others that would see me if I tried to get any closer.

I thought for a few minutes and decided to pull a shenanigan that I had not used in a very long time. I whistled softly at him and, when he saw me, I smiled and beckoned for him to come over to where I stood behind the tree. I just hoped he fell for it.

He looked around, then smiled and ambled over. He started to speak, but I put my finger to his lips and pulled him further behind the tree. Thankfully, he allowed me to do this and did not notice as my hand moved to the dagger on his belt. I hate to resort to such trickery, but I had to think fast and no other solution came to mind at the time. Anyway, the deed was done and the bounty would be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment