Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The end of my holiday... almost :P (Part 2)

Well, for one thing, it would not be fair!

Having been born without the heart of a lion in no way validates abdicating my share of the responsibility of fighting for what is right to those who were. The gift that the rangers and all such men give us by using the talents and heart they possess to rage against the evil of the world is unfathomable. I can think of no greater insult to them or their gift than to take it for granted and not help out in whatever small way I can.

The other thing, of course, is that it comes down to numbers. Such people, such heroes are counted among the very few. If only there were tens of Aggy's, hundreds of Saerdan's, and thousands of Halbarad's for every Kaleigh instead of the opposite! Our victory would be swift and sure! But such is not the way of things, I am afraid.

Even so, I have to believe that if the lesser ones of us, like me, do their part, we ease the burden that the greater ones must bear. It would not be right to shirk the little responsibilities that I can actually meet when so many others do their part.
By doing so, perhaps I can even claim to have a small part in their success! Maybe one of my small deeds, with the passing of time and the changing tide of the battle, may end up being a key factor in something of much greater significance. You never know :)

I realized that I must be off. I slowly stood up and looked around the field one last time, then made my way toward Tinnudir.






The land around Lake Evendim is possessed with such beauty that I took rest many times throughout the remainder of the journey to take it all in, but I was sure to not to linger too long. After a swim in the lake and lying on the shore to dry, I was ready to finally meet with the rangers and start my struggle anew!

With Light,
Kaleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment