Monday, May 18, 2009

A sense of loss...



As I wander the countryside near Tinnudir completing the many tasks I have been given, I am awed by the number of large ruins I come across. Even in their current state, they bear a regality that is striking and a beauty that lingers to this very day.

I am ashamed to admit that my ignorance of our history and times of long ago is appalling. I cannot imagine how wonderful it would have been to see these structures in all of their splendor. The men who built them long ago must have been very great, indeed. It makes one wonder how it came to pass that they faded from existence, with only haunting relics to remind us that they once lived, and magnificently at that, I must believe.

I am sent to Ost Forod where I am to continue my efforts. I must say, however, that my welcome here has not been the most friendly I have ever experienced. I suppose I will just have to earn the peoples' trust! Take care, friends!

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment