Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stream of consciousness :P



You've got mail! :)

Dear friend,

I know you are tired of me sharing ostensibly banal experiences with you. No doubt you are thinking that everyone has sat in a field of flowers and watched a sunset, I presume? However, I cannot help but think that, if we did such things more often and truly gave ourselves over to those moments, we might live in a world with more hope and among people who are more thoughtful and kind. Such experiences are simple, yet so profound, you know? :)

Today, I rose very early to take a swim in the stream north of Brockenborings and watch the sunrise gleaming upon the moving water. With the roar and majesty of a waterfall to one side, and a lovely stone arch spanning the stream to the other, I was surrounded by beauty both natural and hobbit-made! I think the waterfall wins, but don't tell the hobbits that! :P

Afterward, I went to the mill near Bywater Bridge and chatted with a friendly old hobbit who was spending the day in search of fresh fish. I did not have my pole with me, but I watched him try his luck as I offered sage advice which he promptly ignored! He caught enough to feed us both for the day, so I suppose he was in the right all along! :)


And after that? What can I say, dear friend? I am a creature of habit. I went back to the stream to soak my cares away and watch as evening came, the purple sky so beautiful I gasped as I first caught sight of it.

My days of toil and grief seem so long ago. I wish that I could stay here forever, but I know that others suffer much so that I can have my time to heal. Soon, I will return to the struggle that we all face, but I will carry this time of rest away with me forever. Long will its calming peace keep me from losing heart.

I hope you are surrounded by warmth and those who care about you, as I do. Take care!

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment