Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gone trolling!






The next few days were ones of leisure, at least a leisure self-imposed. When I was not trotting Dandelion on the field near the fairgrounds, I took my rest in the Pony or wandered about in town, taking in the sights. It was a wonderful time of healing and an ever so important reminder of what it is that we all wish to save.




Eventually, I made my way south and east of Bree-town, skirting the Marshes, and into the Lone-lands. I was to press on through them and into the Trollshaws, where I would meet my contact.

I came to the Last Bridge, which offered such a lovely view of the river, that I decided to see if I could convince Dandelion to jump up onto one of the stone supports for a better look. She obliged quite willingly!

Afterward, I took a quick swim in the river and was awed by the bridge itself. How these structures are made I will never understand. To even try to ponder such things leaves me a bit dumbfounded at times, but that does not mean I cannot be lost in the wonder of their construction and splendor.


Soon enough, I made it to Barachen's camp, where he and a dwarf named Heithur Ironfist asked me to scout about for some trolls nearby, drive them off, and recover some stones they had stolen. I skulked about the troll camp and recovered many stones, and even managed to strike down a few of the trolls! They are rather large, you know? And quite stinky!

Barachen and Heithur were quite happy with my efforts. They said the sons of Lord Elrond held a camp to the northeast and asked me to report there. I bid my new friends farewell and rode off!

Take care, friends, until our next meeting!

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment