Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A long journey made shorter by its beauty



After taking care of a few other jobs in Ost Forod, I returned to Tinnudir. Ferrod asked me to make the long trek around the lake to the Eavespires to see how the people there fared. I was more than willing since such a journey would surely grant me the opportunity to take in much more of the beautiful country.

I was not disappointed. I came to a large hill bursting with white impatiens that overlooked a valley to the east. The flowers' beauty and fragrance made me linger far too long, walking amongst them as the sun shone down upon us. I finally had to leave, but I picked just a few of them to bring with me, their scent making my step a little lighter.


After a long walk, I came to the Even-rills, a most breathtaking sight! No less that three waterfalls crashed together into a pool that fed the lake with its flowing water. I scampered up the slick rocks on the western bank so that I could better see its wonder.

So much flowing water, and yet the vision is hardly changed! Three walls of continuously moving water fall, but other than the mighty roar caused by the cascade of water crashing into the pool, you might almost think it was only a painting above your hearth.




Seeing that the pool was surprisingly still, I climbed down the bank and waded out into its center. The sun fell behind the cliffs, giving a twilight luminescence to everything around. The water reflected everything in its gaze so deeply! I stayed until after dusk, dancing about in the water, feeling its cool touch on my skin.


Thankfully, the evening was warm, and I did not feel a chill from my wet clothes as I headed down the shore of the lake to the Eavespires. I was within sight of the camp, but was so entranced by the view out over the lake, I decided to have a swim before I reported in for the night. It had been a long journey, and I knew I would need rest before I began my skulking anyway.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment