Monday, April 27, 2009

Plan the work, then work the plan!

With the advice of Alerik and his companion (I did not get her name, unfortunately), I was able to find and run off the Dourhand scouts. While looking through their possessions, I found some maps and papers, which I brought back to Hannar. He was quite pleased with my find but said that the papers held grim news. The Dourhand were planning something, but we weren't able to determine exactly what that something was.

Hannar's next task would be a most difficult one. I was to infiltrate one of the Dourhand camps and steal their battle plans! What's more, this needed to be done with the utmost urgency. That meant sneaking in during the day! I do my best skulking at night, but I owed it to the Longbeards, so I vowed to succeed.

I did not get much sleep the night before, but it was time to put my best foot forward, so I formed a plan :) I started by climbing the hills high above the surveillance camps located outside the ruin where their base camp was located. I skulked down into these camps and cut down their scouts so it would be easier to reach the base camp without being seen.

From there, I used every nook and cranny I could find inside the camp to either hide until someone passed by, or to quickly off someone and hide their body. Gruesome work, but it had to be done, you know? I made it to what I assumed were their commanders' tents and snooped around but could not find the plans. I quickly peered around the corner of the tent to make sure the way was clear before skulking further inside the camp.


After taking down a few more guards, I finally found an ornate chest sitting atop a stone dais. It held a most valuable treasure: the battle plans! I quickly absconded with them and made it back to Hannar as night fell upon the land.

"Ye did it, Kaleigh! Attaway, lass!" cried Hannar. "Now, I have a special assign..."

"Hold that thought, Hannar! I must take care of something real quick. Be right back!" I said, as I ran off around the corner.

He waited a few minutes patiently, then began calling out, "Kaleigh! Lass, we have more to do tonight!"

I put my hand to my mouth to stifle a giggle. He will never find me up here, I thought. I just need a few minutes to... the night sky is so beautiful and easy on the eyes after... being awake sooo...

And sleep claimed me :)

Until next time, take care!

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment