Tuesday, April 14, 2009

... and a time for gravity

The dispatch I had received requested that I meet with someone named Radagast in the Lore Tower of Ost Guruth. I made my way to the back of the ruin and entered the tower. Climbing a spiral staircase, I eventually reached the study of a wizened and very gruff old man. There were crates, books and animals strewn about everywhere.

He told me that he sought aid for a peculiar problem. Nearby, it seemed, a large area of land appeared to be cursed. He said the land bled as if a foul poison had seeped into its depths, forcing the deep soil to rise and spilling the poison's foulness over its surface.

When I went to investigate, the sight of such horror was more than I could bear! Crimson pools of foulness bubbled and frothed. Seeking nourishment from the earth, the gentle trees had taken the vile ichor into their roots and were dying. The very soil was stained a ghastly, unnatural hue. Quickly as I could, with tears streaming down my face from both my anguish and the horrid stench that nearly incapacitated me, I collected the samples that Radagast needed to determine the cause of such a curse!

After he studied them for a time, he sent me to an outpost in the middle of the foulness. Supposedly a shade, a being neither living nor dead, resided there and may have some insight into the curse's cause...

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment