Friday, April 3, 2009

A lone ray of light in the darkness...

I traveled north from Trestlebridge, until I came to see torchlight bathing a ruin on a hill to the northeast. I turned that way, avoiding the foul-looking fields directly north, and came to a small encampment led by a man named Amarion, another of the (thankfully ubiquitous :P) rangers. The burden of this haven, Amon Raith, was solely his, and he had grave concerns for its safety and welfare.

It seems evil forces had invaded the hills of Annundir to the east, driving out good folk who had come here seeking refuge. Supplies were low, however, and they would soon be going hungry. He would entrust the refugees' safety to no one, but asked if I could hunt some game for them.

It brought tears to my eyes to see a man who cared so dearly for those under his care, and his plea went straight to my heart. I promised him no one would go hungry while I was around and, after a few days, the needs of these fine folk were met. Amarion was very grateful, and we sat down by the fire, exchanging stories of our battles with shadow.

I think I will stay around here until things are more settled...

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment