Friday, April 10, 2009

Along came a spider...and a warg :P

I set off on Dagoras' tasks the next morning. Thankfully, the rain still fell which helped mask the sound of my tramping through underbrush and threw predators off my scent. The wisdom of nature abounds, and I think it helps those who serve it and others with noble purpose :)

I was able to skulk about in the Snares, slaying spiders one by one, until the enormous Queen came into view! I quickly hid behind a tree and hoped that I could take her by surprise. Thankfully, I got in a well-placed strike before the battle began and she fell!


Next, I went off in search of wargs preying on game near the encampment that the Rangers needed for themselves. I happened to spot a lone doe grazing on a hillside in the rain. The beauty of the moment was spoiled when I caught sight of yellow eyes and a grinning snout peer over the hill behind her before disappearing from view!

"No, you don't!" I said to myself, as I skirted the hill and came up behind the warg as it was just about to pounce. The doe, of course, fled, but I was able to finish off the warg quickly enough to catch a glimpse of her bounding toward the cover of a rocky hillside. My heart soared to see her run free!

Finally, I was able to recover some Meadowsweet for the rangers. As I made sure to leave enough behind so that the plants would grow again, I looked up into the rain. I was so thankful that the earth would be nourished again and give us another bountiful harvest. Life-cycles, you see? We are all connected, everything and everyone :)

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment