Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A call to elves...


Knowing that I was stretched rather thin, Hannar let me have my rest. After I had helped out with a few other things around Othrikar, Hannar told me that the dwarves would answer the call of the council. When I reported this to Halbarad, he sent me back to Lin Giliath to try to rally the elves. Their leader, Gildor Inglorion, asked me to gather allies to strike at the heart of a great orc camp in Nan Wathren to the southwest and defeat their warlord.

We set off on the long journey around the mountains, as we could find no passable trail from the north. It slowly dawned on us that we would have to fight through the entire camp! We braced ourselves for battle and began our conquest, taking outpost after outpost. I climbed one of the orcs' foul siege weapons to scout for a safe path, but there were far too many foes for subterfuge to work this night.



After fighting off wave after wave of orcs and passing many garish totems ( :P ), we finally found the warlord. It was a perilous battle, but in the end, we were victorious! After the battle we noticed a very strange totem that seemed rather... alive. When I looked upon it, I felt as though a cold hand had passed over me, and I was sorely afraid. What devilry is at work here I cannot say, but we will be sure to report all of these tidings to Gildor.

We returned to Lin Giliath to report our success, and my band of allies disbanded all too quickly. I do love to skulk about, but I must say, fighting alongside others drawn to the same cause is so rewarding. I wish that I were able to find more opportunities to do so.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment