Monday, April 20, 2009

Thar be dwarves in them there hills! :P

I returned to Esteldin and met with Halbarad, the captain of the rangers there. He bid me to journey to the dwarven outpost of Othrikar, which lay in the foothills of the mountains to the northwest. I was to rally them to support the rangers' council should trouble arise.

As I left a cold, bitter rain began to fall. Normally, I love to be out in the rain. The gift of clean, pure water that washes old things away and gives us life and a sense of renewal is something I've always been thankful for, having grown up on our farm.

This rain came with a bitter chill, however, that seemed to pass right through my clothes and skin and went straight to the bone. I thought about turning back, but figured I could make it by nightfall and wait there for the storm to subside. Thankfully, the storm seemed to let up a bit as I approached the stronghold.


I met with a dwarf named Hannar who told me that, before he could pledge aid to the council, the safety of Othrikar first had to be secured. He explained that one of his agents, a dwarf named Dori, had been captured by the Dourhand and needed to be rescued. He also said that the Dourhand had been training hawks in the area to scout for them, as well as sending their own scouts into the foothills nearby to skulk about, looking for information.

It sounded like work right up my alley, and I readily agreed to aid them. Since it wasn't quite dark enough for skulking yet, and seeing as how the rain had let up, I decided to take a look around the encampment. Surely, climbing a few of the hills nearby would keep me from getting stiff in the cold night! :)

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment