Thursday, April 16, 2009

Helping friends both old and new :)

The ordeal with Ivar and the Red Lady was a trying one, and I decided to take my time on the journey back to Esteldin. I wanted to be sure I would be ready when the time came to renew my struggle against the dark forces once again. Upon visiting Amon Raith to see how Amarion and the others fared, I met an elf who had come there seeking the rangers' aid regarding a small elven outpost in Meluinen called Lin Giliath.

Amarion could not go, of course, so I said that I would. After our plans were made, Amarion told me he felt guilty that I was being burdened with what he felt was his responsibility. What a noble man, he is! I took his hand and squeezed it, saying that we were friends, and it worried me to see him stretched so thin. I promised to stop in Esteldin and explain his plight, hoping that the Rangers could find a way to send more aid. It was so good to see him smile again.

The Rangers promised they would do their best, so I made my way south to Lin Giliath. I have always been somewhat entranced by the elves and their ways. You can tell the parts of the land they have touched because of the beauty and grace that lingers there, even after they have gone. I was not disappointed upon my approach to their camp. They create a beauty that is almost haunting, almost to the point where it feels out of place with its surroundings.

After visiting with the elves, I was about to set off on my reconnaissance, but I found a mound of fresh wild-flowers growing just outside the camp. I could not help but linger just a little longer in their beauty before heading off :P

With Light,
Kaleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment