Monday, April 13, 2009

A time for levity...

After a time serving in Esteldin, I received a dispatch asking me to return to Ost Guruth. I arrived just after dawn and decided to go for a swim in the pool nearby before turning my attention to more serious matters. What's that? Turn around, you say? :P

After letting the spring sun caress me with warmth so that I was dry, I headed toward the encampment. Let us not rush for once today, I thought to myself.. I sat in the tall grasses outside for a bit, taking in the splendor of the ruined camp. How much more majestic must it have been in olden times!

Upon entering the camp, I saw my old friend, Refr. I realized that now was the time for mischief! Payback would be mine! :) I skulked behind him looking through the pile of old hammers he had worn through with his smithing. I found one that had more cracks in it than Old Man Chivers' back when he stood up after a long day of fishing off the pier in Staddle! :P

When he set down his hammer to attend the forge, I quickly switched it with the cracked one I had found, then skulked back into the shadow behind him while trying not to burst with glee! He grabbed the hammer and swung it down hard to shape his new project. The hammer exploded into a mist of fine shards, and he exclaimed, "Oi! What foul work is at hand here?"

I could withstand no more and began laughing. He whirled around and saw me. Thankfully, he took it in stride, and we both laughed until we could hardly breathe. "Truce?" I said, smiling, and extended my hand. "Truce!" he replied, chuckling as he took my hand, and there has been no mischief since.

Well... at least none that has been found out... :P

With Light,
Kaleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment