Thursday, March 26, 2009

To harass and harry!

I reached the campsite of Candaith, yet another of the rangers under Strider's leadership. He explained that there were more orcs skulking about in the Weather Hills than he realized. He wished for me to go south and distract them as he seeks to scout far to the north and assess the main orcish force.

As he explained this to me, I again marveled at these men and gave silent thanks for their careful stewardship of the land. Without them, we may have already been overrun, and I am glad to lend my aid to them, however small it may be!

We shared the fire and made our plans under the ruin of an old watchtower on a large hill. Those who watched from on high in prior days are no longer, and it is left to men such as these to take their place.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment