Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beating skulkers at their own game!


After helping to set up trade between Combe and Staddle again, I learned from Gammy Boggs that brigands, rumored to be serving someone named Sharkey, had been harassing the village-folk as of late. It turns out a poor hobbit named Falco Greenhand had been paying off these scoundrels so that they would not harm his farm! Brigands like these really chap my hide, especially after losing my own farm, you know?

I went to report this to Constable Bolger who suggested we lay in wait for the thieves and turn the tables on them for a change! We asked around the village for volunteers and two brave men, Banley and Lagorade, heroically answered our plea! Together we lay in wait until the thieves showed up and then gave them a well-deserved thrashing! I suspect that this Sharkey and his toads will not bother Falco or even Staddle for a good long while! :P

While speaking with Lagorade afterward, he told me that he considers himself a brigand as well, though I suspect he only uses such means for noble causes. I must say, I rather enjoy playing tricks on others myself and, without strength of arms or stoutness of body, I may well have to engage in such mischief in order to get things done!

With Light,
Kaleigh



No comments:

Post a Comment