Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Skulking in the snow...



After I had rested and warmed myself by the fire, I soon set out on the tasks the dwarves had given me. The landscape was so pristine, with few travelers save for the beasts that roam the area. I wanted to be very careful and safe, so I made sure to look it all over thoroughly before moving on.




After driving the bears away, with one close call, I set out to find the goblin camps that Master Gloin spoke of. Traveling through the Whitcleft pass, I found a snowy plain surrounded by rocky hills where many campfires blazed. Further up the hillside were more campfires and the shadows of goblins that skulked about in the darkness!

Thankfully, there were other brave souls nearby who worked to stay the goblins as well! Together we were able to do what none of us dare to attempt alone: Take the camp with a frontal assault, recover the dwarves' stolen gold, and slay the goblin-chief responsible for it all! Very few have the bravery to attempt such feats, I must realize. Though I am sometimes given to despair when so often I must travel alone, I am always thankful for the blessing to have others to lean on and aid whenever I am fortunate enough to find them!

As I made my way back to Gloin's camp during the night, I caught sight of the fires that led the way home. They had a glow of welcome and friendship about them, so unlike the goblin fires that offer no such warmth. May such warmth and light always lead me home.

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment