Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Friendship is not a dish best served cold...








I departed from the valley of Imladris, stopping many times along the way to take in all of its splendor, while hoping to take just a little of it away with me. I headed north then east, through the pass of Cirith Imladris. Green grasses and warm sunshine quickly faded into pristine white snow and the chill of winter, clouds blotting out the sun. Turning west as I made it through the pass, I found the dwarf-lord's encampment before long, as Lord Elrond said I would.



I stabled poor Dandelion, who was quite taken aback by our sudden change of scenery, and mounted stairs slick with ice and snow to meet with Lord Gloin. As I stood before the fire shivering, I noted that Master Gloin and his henchmen did not even wear long sleeves! I had heard the saying that fire burns in the belly of the dwarves, but I did not believe it to be literal!

Lord Elrond's messengers had given the dwarves word of my coming, and they quickly explained to me the troubles they currently faced. From wild beasts threatening the safety of their camp, to troublesome goblins pilfering their gold, they had many burdens that they hoped I could ease for them. I was glad they had so much for me to do. At least I would be able to keep moving and, hopefully, not let the cold take me!

With Light,
Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment